Kleinbard’s growing Real Estate and Finance Group deploys its knowledge of the law and market to give our clients practical advice and deliver results.
Our team has a wide-range of experience in all asset classes (including, multi-family, retail, office, hospitality, healthcare, industrial, charter schools and mixed-use properties), and we work seamlessly with our corporate, environmental, tax, bankruptcy, litigation and dispute specialists to carefully consider all angles of your transaction in-house in a timely, cost-effective manner.? Our practice areas include: acquisitions and dispositions; commercial leasing; condominium and planned communities; construction; environmental law; financing; groundleasing; joint ventures; sale-leasebacks; and tax appeals and exemptions.
Our transactions range from $2 million to over $3 billion, and we tailor our staffing of each deal to meet our client’s needs.? Some representative transactions include:
- Representation of a private REIT in connection with a $3.15 billion sale of 209?industrial assets in 25 key U.S. distribution markets. (Exeter Property selling portfolio in $3B deal)
- Representation of a local real estate fund in connection with the acquisition and development of a 420 unit, 30 story, multi-family development over retail located in University City (Philadelphia, PA). (University City Newman Center slated for replacement with 30-story apartment tower)
- Representation of a rapidly-expanding investment group in connection with the purchase, diligence and financing of multifamily assets, starting with their first Philadelphia asset and growing the portfolio to over $80 million in 1.5 years.
- Representation of a local developer in the acquisition and financing of a 2.3 acre parcel in Center City, Philadelphia, which will be redeveloped as townhomes, 150+ units of multifamily, parking and retail space.
- Representation of a local bank in connection with securing two lines of credit totaling over $30 million and the creation of a $10 million/year loan sale program.
- Representation of a new healthcare business in connection with securing $2 million in leasehold financing.
- Representation of a charter school in the acquisition of a building as well as the completion of a $14 million construction project, which included obtaining tax-exempt financing through the Philadelphia Authority for Industrial Development successfully securing zoning variances, and negotiating agreements with a construction manager, architect, and several subcontractors.
- Representation of a developer in the assemblage and development of a shopping center.